Sunday, October 24, 2010

"i got a whole lot of happy" (birthday)*


Happy, happy birthday to Jeffrey! Today is his 28th birthday. This is a particularly happy one for Jeff in light of the San Francisco Giants winning the NLCS just minutes before midnight last night to make it to the World Series! Jeff loves baseball and has fond memories of watching the World Series on his birthday, so what a gift it is this year that he gets to watch his favorite team fight for the title! As a present, he got to go to Game 1 of the NLCS between the Phillies and Giants last Saturday, but I'll post more on that later.


Lots of candles - while shopping for them I realized we had reached a milestone because one package of candles will no longer cut it. 2 packages it is!

It may look like it, but no, the cake itself was not actually on fire. :)
We also realized that the 28th candle is the straw that broke the camel's back, as it took Jeff 2 tries to get all the candles. He had a good laugh about it. :) These pictures aren't completely in focus, but I love them anyway.



Happy birthday, Jeff! I am so glad you were born!

*NOTE: To explain the title of this post, go here to read about the quote from Juan Uribe, one of the Giants players. Love it! :)

4 comments:

Ariel said...

I cannot believe Jeff is two packages old! Happy birthday and happy world series to you Jeff.

Becky said...

Such an awesome present to go to a Giant's/Phillies game and have the Giants in the World Series!!! And, like I said...it's not the "old" that caused the two-tries-to-blow-the-candles-out....it was all that cheering for the Giants and Phillies. Wore his little lungs right out! Happy Birthday Jeff!

jodie said...

I have loved reading all of your new posts lately!

Clay and I thought about you guys alot during the Giant/Phillies series, wondering which team Jeff would root for. But was there really any question that the Giants would win? Also, we think that Buster Posey looks just like Jeff. We giggle about it every game. :)

AJ said...

lol...the candles remind me of my grandpa's cake on his 90th birthday. Now that was a well-lit cake! I'll remind Tom that Jeff is a Giants fan, too.