Monday, September 20, 2010

lunch break - installment 1


Welcome to the first of hopefully many installments of what I'm up to in DC. I realize that I have some amazing opportunities, being able to work so close to so many incredible places. As a result, I'm making it a goal to use my lunch breaks as opportunities to get out and experience these places and things first hand.


So, something you'll probably be seeing lots of pictures of - our lovely US Capitol (please forgive the low resolution - it was taken with my low quality phone camera). I spent last Friday outside of the East Front door (TRIVIA: did you know there isn't a "back door" to the Capitol? They consider both to be the front door, so there is an East Front and a West Front). I used the time to write a letter to my mom (I did some pondering on the lost art of letter writing, but I'll save that for another post). It was nice and warm. I know it's still early fall here, but I am starting to see why everyone raves about autumn here. It is warm, but not hot. Cool, but not cold. I'm enjoying it already!

No comments: