Sunday, September 27, 2009

yummy


One of the things I love best about fall is all the yummy comfort foods. There is just something about making a pumpkin cake, batch of cinnamon rolls, or loaf of bread when the weather is starting to cool that makes me happy. I love the homey and rich aromas that tell me fall is here and the holidays are just around the corner. Mmmmm!


One of my absolute favorite comfort foods is bread. I have enjoyed bread/grain products since I was little and am notorious for eating way too much. Whether it is Grandma's biscuits at Sunday dinner or the amazing rolls at Texhas Rhodehouse I just can't get enough! I have been trying some new bread recipes lately and was so excited to make the Apple-Honey Challah pictured above. It takes quite a bit of time when you factor in all the rising, but the taste of its delicious sweetness fresh out of the oven made it well worth it.


What are your favorite comfort foods?

4 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

yum! Thanks for posting that pumpkin cake...I dont know how I missed that before, but I'm definitely making it! yay for recipe sharing :)

Becky said...

My favorite comfort foods are clam chowder in a bread bowl and tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. And not just any tomato soup...I make mine with tomatoes from the garden, blenderized, then poured into a pan, add cooked elbow macaroni, ground beef and seasonings. Now THAT is tomato soup!

Melissa said...

that looks SO good. Mmmm I am hungry tonight

Anne said...

Oh my goodness, that looks delicious! I'm on a crazy cleanse right now, but the second i'm off I'm making this!