Monday, September 10, 2007

My BYU Musical Debut


In case you were wondering who that was playing "Come Ye Children of the Lord" at approximately 10:40 Monday morning from the BYU Bell Tower, it was me. Yes, you read that correctly - I played the bells that rang out accross the BYU campus for everyone to hear. A few incorrect notes, but I played it (with some added flare at the end). I had never played a carillon before, so I deserve at least a little slack (don't know what a carillon is? find out here). It was amazing!

Picture courtesy of Wikipedia

5 comments:

Angela said...

It WAS amazing! I'm glad I was a party to the awesomeness.

Karen said...

Karla, the more I find out about you on this blog, the more you AMAZE me!! That is really awesome. I wish I could have heard it. Also I love the things you sew. I might try the headband, I'll let you know how it goes :) Love you guys!

Rachel said...

How in the world did you get to do such an awesome thing? Friends in "high places"?

Angela said...

So, I heard some one playing the Carillon today at lunch, and I thought of you.

Jon Becca James said...

I'm with rachel . . . how did you get the opportunity (or learn how to) play?