Saturday, March 7, 2009

practice makes perfect


Speaking of my new camera, one of the fun new things I've been experimenting with is portrait photography. Last weekend I took this picture (and about 10 million more) of my sister in-law for her sister who is building her cosmetology portfolio. It was fun to pose creative shots and try to get an idea across in a single picture. I still have a lot to learn - and a lot of practice to go!

So...if you're in the Boise area, please let me know if you, your children, family, etc. are interested in having some portraits done by yours truly. I have been considering offering my photography services at no cost except the time to take the pictures to enable me to get some experience with portraits. You get a CD with the pictures - I get the practice. Let me know if you're interested...

7 comments:

AJ said...

We will definitely keep that in mind. We got a sitting with Curtis Youngberg at the scout auction, but after that we'll be needing some sometime.

Amanda said...

If you're ever in the Logan area let me know! I have a cute little boy who wouldn't mind some pics!
Good luck-you'll be great

Mindy K said...

Um, done!! Cool pic of Jolene. I would love to have a fancy camera and the ability to actually use it.

Debbie said...

Karla you are so very talented! I wish I lived closer because I would love to have you take pics of my kiddos. Hope you're having a great day!

Becca said...

Can you come to missouri at that price?

Bart and Krista said...

Uhm,
I'm not in the Boise area.. but I'd love you to take some pictures of us! I am jealous of your new camera! Keep snapping pictures.. they all look so good already!

Tyler Waterfall said...

Oh, I wish we could! We were talking the other day about a family picture and wished we could ask you to do it. The next we're in Boise, we'll take you up on it!
Amy