Okay - so Becca tagged me a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to making the actual post until now.
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
In deciding what to share, I realized this should probably be renamed "6 Indicators That Karla Really is a Nerd." But, here it goes!
1. My high school mascot was a potato, a Russet to be exact. It's true, I was a mighty Lady Russet! Shelley, Idaho also holds the Miss Russet Pageant, celebrates Spud Day, and gets out of school for 2 weeks in the fall to harvest potatoes. No joke.
2. I have been known to watch CSPAN...in my spare time...for fun. What can I say? I enjoy the political scene! I have also had close encounters with a few big and semi-big shots: John Roberts, Dick Cheney, Harry Reid, Jon Huntsman Jr., Mike Crapo, and Dirk Kempthorne.
3. The enjoyment of playing dress up hasn't exactly faded for me. I have a particular fondness for wigs and crazy hair do's (as demonstrated at the top of this post and below).
4. Although I enjoy watching movies, I am not a movie buff (does that make me a movie wimp?). People are constantly amazed at the movies I have not seen. For example, I hadn't seen "The Sandlot" all the way through until last week.
5. Bugs, birds, lizards, trees, and such fascinate me. I can distinguish a loon from a coot, a pinnate leaf from a palmate one, and a lepidopteran from a coleopteran. I have my father to thank for most of that.
6. I have never had stitches, but I have had staples twice (both times on my head) and a broken hand (sustained while trying to do a back handspring during lunch recess in middle school).