Sunday, April 3, 2011

quilt fun

Quilts! Quilts are fun. Time consuming, but fun. Here is a quilt top I made for Relief Society (we tied them for the RS birthday party). I've done humanitarian quilts before, so I was excited to do one again. However, I was quite surprised when I was handed a bag of random fabric that was not cut into squares. What? I was going to have to cut it into squares myself? At first I was nervous, but then I got pretty excited as I looked online for ideas and started cutting. This is what I came up with. What do you think?


I know, terrible lighting, but you get the idea. And don't look to closely - there are definitely crooked lines and imperfect seams. But I am definitely glad I was able to get my creative juices flowing to make something nice for someone in need. And don't the colors look nice together? Berries n' Cream is what I call it.


Doing this quilt has inspired me to do some more quilts of my own! I have been going through my fabric to get rid of some and put some to good use in projects. I don't have a picture yet, but I will report my progress soon.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Karla! This is almost the exact pattern I chose to make my FIRST quilt! I was excited to see how fab yours turned out!

Kacey and Drew said...

This looks great Karla! I am always so impressed by what you can do with your hands :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome! :) I love the colors, and the large-small stripe contrasts are really striking! What a great pattern! :) And GREAT JOB!!! :) (I would probably still be staring at the pile, going, "hmm... I don't want to mess it up or anything...") :)