What: Pillow Talk - How to Make a Simple Pillow Cover
When: Wednesday, May 14 @ 7:00
Where: My Apartment (let me know if you need directions)
What you need to bring:
1 square pillow form or pillow to cover (18" or smaller)
1/2 yard of fabric
thread to match your fabric
embelishments, i.e. flowers, ribbon, buttons, etc. (optional)
fabric scissors (if you have them)
Where to Buy:
Pillow forms/pillows: Joann's, Hancock, or Ikea
Fabric: Joann's, Hancock, or WalMart. You can also try a specialty quilting shops - The Cotton Shop in Provo, Corn Barrel Crafts in Springville, and The Stitching Corner in Orem.
Thread: Joann's, Hancock, WalMart, or quilt shops
Embellishments: Any craft or quilting shop
- THESE ARE EASY! You can make one, even if you don't sew!
- You can get a basic idea of how we'll be making the covers here.
- The smaller the pillow, the less fabric you will need. 1/2 yard is for an 18" pillow. I can help you figure out ratios if you are concerned about buying too much fabric.
- Look online for embelishment ideas - Martha has some fun ideas here.
- Please let me know if you are willing to bring your sewing machine for others to use.
- Let me know if you have questions.
Please either leave a comment on this post or send me an e-mail to let me know you're planning to attend.
I'm excited! Are you?
image from anthropologie.com